Friday, September 26, 2008

Limericks revised

When I posted 31 3 limericks I was told that limericks should be 5-liner rather than the 4-line attempts I made. I did a bit of research and accept that critical comment. Thanks.

I also found out that my a b a b rhyming was not correct, where limericks take on a a a b b a structure.

I have now revised my limericks to confirm conform (thanks, Penang larng). Enjoy ;-)

There was a man from Batu
Who was exiled to Timbuktu
He claimed he spoke to AMNO
But his leader said ‘not so’
Wasn’t that just bloody malu


The man who had thirty one
Now thinks it’s no longer fun
He says deadline's not an issue
I guess he now needs a tissue
Sob sob! He actually has none


The princessista kissed a slimy froggie
Hoping to turn it into Prince Reformasi
So hubristically she started to gloat
But was shocked to get instead a toad
She didn’t, couldn’t see the deformasi


To make amends I have written 2 more, with one daringly in Bahasa (hope you’ll be kind to my try)

I’ve cast a fine web of bullshit
Admit it man, it’s quite a feat
Every minute there’s one born
Lapping up my chong and con
I'm grateful for their .. er .. wit


Aku yang mempunyai 4 kepala
Syok dengan umat2 yang berbuta
Kalau aku kata putih adalah hitam
Mereka jawab, wahai, dah malam
Untuk mu kita sedia ber-intifada


Wakakaka

4 comments:

  1. princesssita?

    man...

    Y1

    ReplyDelete
  2. = anwaristas wakakaka who kissed the toad, hoping to get a prince

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA HA HA HA HA
    ROTFL
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
    Good one. Mr Man2 Lai was on Radio Hong Kong....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have now revised my limericks to confirm. Enjoy ;-)

    Kay Tee,

    What was needed is not 'to confirm,' but 'to conform.' :-(

    penang larng

    ReplyDelete