Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Rightwing Bitch (2)

Continuing from Rightwing Bitch ........


“Elizabeth Bathory! Why, KTemoc, you still remember – how sweet of you!”

The way she said it seemed as if she was actually pleased that I remembered one of my favourite insults for her. But with Margaret, you would never know - her mind worked in the most devious and cunning ways.

BTW, Elizabeth Bathory was a Transylvanian countess in the 16th Century. She murdered and drank the blood of 600 virgins in the belief that the macabre beverage would maintain her youth. She was the original vampire.

One day in class while I was berating Margaret for condoning the exploitation of cheap labour, I called her a blooming vampire, and that she was no better than Elizabeth Bathory. Soon my mates and I started to call her Lizacula. Needless to say, she reciprocated the insults - but there's no need to remind ourselves of what hers were.

But there you are – that summed up my relationship with Margaret, but it must be a more Machiavellian Margaret who would even pretend it sweet I recalled her vampirish traits. Mind you, the way she has grown up to her new looks, she was one hell of a sexy vamp! Maybe I ought to call her Countess instead of Lizacula?

She then said, “What about you then? Still have those Che Guevara and Mao’s posters up on your room walls?”

Her (large beautiful doeful) eyes looked deeply at me with an expectation that I would confess so. I felt weak at the knees, while reminding myself that vampires did have hypnotic powers.

“Nah, those guys were too violent. I am the peaceful type. Mandala's my hero, and please no AK-47 for me - perhaps a flower” I replied nonchalantly, distracted at the same time by her fluttering eyelashes - aiyoo yoyoo, they were just bloody temptingly delicious!

Where's that silver crucifix that a former (Catholic) girlfriend gave me when I needed one? Come to think of it, I might have pawned that away for beer money?

She interrupted my thoughts of that shameful transaction, “Look KTemoc, it’s good to see you again. What say you we have a coffee, catch up and talk about old times?”

Good to see me? She must be kidding. We used to hate each other with deep vengeance, fullstop! Hey, Nelson Mandala called George W Bush the most dangerous person in the world - well, that's how I felt about Margaret then.

Normally with an enemy like her, I would straightaway give her the ta-ta, but please understand, those weren’t normal times. For a start she was better looking than Dubya - OK, I admit it, she's dead set gorgeous. Two, I must confess that by then I was developing lots of hots for her, only that I was too proud to admit it then.

I pretended to glance at my watch but only very quickly, before silly ole her took seriously the pretend-hint that I wanted to buzz off; then I replied with just the correct degree of reluctance (but not so reluctantly that she might cancel the coffee tete-a-tete out of deference for my tight schedule), “OK, I have been meaning to ask you about Ginny anyway.”

Heh heh, Ginny was her best friend and a real stunner – Brilliant! I congratulated myself for 'involving' Ginny - it showed that my willingness to have a coffee with her had more to do with Ginny, and two, it ought to mask my growing interest (or lust?) in her. As the famous Chinese strategist Sun Wu said, "Make a feint to the east but attack in the west."

I only hope Margaret didn't recall too vividly that Ginny and I actually hated each other, mainly because that stupid girl took Margaret's side. Well, some people didn't have any sense or taste.

I have to say I then hated myself for being so pathetic, wanting to yum cha (have tea) with the enemy, but again, like ole Sun Wu said, “Know thy enemy and know thyself and you will win a hundred battles”. Hey, I am all for heeding the advice of the elders, especially at a crucial time like the one I was experiencing.

But she robbed me of any sense of dignity by smiling triumphantly when I agreed to the coffee date, like she knew all along that I would succumb to her will (and looks too). Or perhaps I was just guilty of my own ulterior motive and over imagining that her smile had an underlying message - yeah, that's it, just my guilt playing tricks on me. It's nothing more than Vampira smiling to show she brushed her teeth with Colgate.

to be continued ........

[continuing my stroll down memory lane]

4 comments:

  1. My,my,my...you do have a flair for writing Mr kTemoc..
    I am fast becoming a fan..your choice of words are fabulous!!!
    Keep writing Sir, you will be one of Malaysia's finest!
    Best regards,
    mahaguru58@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sir, for consoling me on my shameful recalling of embarrassing memories - I was already feeling rather awkward in remembering my pathetic self in that encounter with the Right Wing Bitch. Ayo, but you encourage me to indulge in further masochistic blogging. You're a devil lah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing is Life as we all know is full of serious situations.

    Debates, arguments, strifes, wars, quarrels, etc take up too much important times of our lifes.

    People simply are prone to causing hurt and destruction to whomever they meet or come into contact.

    Your writings come across as fresh, sincere and worth reading compared to the billions of others who spew venom worse than a spitting cobra when faced with others who disagree or don't go along with their viewpoints.

    For this sheer reason, if you ever publish your writings, kindly let me know for I will go and buy your book.It's a promise.

    Please write about our lifes here in Malaysia in your own style. I really appreciate it.

    Happy New Year Mr.Ktemoc.

    May 2006 be a good year for us all. Amin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sir, and same fecilitations too. You have motivated me to reveal more of my experience with *HER*

    ReplyDelete